Our 21 students are working in labs from NC (Duke) to MA (Harvard and MIT), and on topics from computer languages to tissue formation. Join us here to read weekly updates from their time in the lab!

Visit the EXP page on Peddie website: peddie.org/EXP.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Week 7 Mendelsohn Lab

This was my last week at the Mendelsohn lab. As I approached my last week, I felt it went by very quickly. I briefly learned how to use a digital microscope to take pictures of the slides that I have stained. Other than that, I did much of the same paraffin sectioning and staining, which felt interestingly comfortable.

One of the digital microscopes
On the last day, I bought doughnuts to share and thanked everyone for giving me the opportunity to work at the lab. I really enjoyed my seven week lab experience at the Mendelsohn lab and would highly recommend it to anyone who would be interested in working with cellular biology and genetics. Hopefully, I will be able to come back next summer.


This is the building where I worked

No comments:

Post a Comment