Our 21 students are working in labs from NC (Duke) to MA (Harvard and MIT), and on topics from computer languages to tissue formation. Join us here to read weekly updates from their time in the lab!

Visit the EXP page on Peddie website: peddie.org/EXP.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Rutgers Cognitive Dev lab round 4

  Hi, I just remembered something that should’ve been in my last blog post, I fell off by bike while leaving the lab, which sucked, and has encouraged me to wear a helmet while biking on the busy roads of Busch Campus. Since my last post, Talia request to go to Peru and study John Mikhail’s Universal Moral Grammar by handing out surveys at a bus stop has been struck down by the IRB. On the brighter side, I preschool that we(I) have been in contact with all summer, trying to get their O.K. to do a study at their school, has finally agreed and established a date next week. This week however, I went to the Douglas Campus Daycare, a daycare for the staff of Douglas Campus. It was interesting. I went with Michelle, Lu (who both ran the same experiments as last time) and Sydney, who was running an experiment called Good Intention Default. Essentially, she was trying to show that when people evaluate a trolley problem, they assume that the character acting has the best possible intentions for all characters. DCD was interesting, as it is used by a lot of child labs as a place to get subjects. Most of the kids were familiar with taking part in studies, and were far more enthusiastic than the last preschool I went to. Most were very smart, passing all control questions and providing promising results for the grad students. Anyway, this was a much better preschool for both me and the grad students.

No comments:

Post a Comment