Our 21 students are working in labs from NC (Duke) to MA (Harvard and MIT), and on topics from computer languages to tissue formation. Join us here to read weekly updates from their time in the lab!

Visit the EXP page on Peddie website: peddie.org/EXP.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Last Week at The Park Group - Week 5

Hi, this is Alyssa and I'm writing about my last week working as an intern at The Lenfest Center for Sustainable Energy at Columbia University.

Dr. Peretz visited my lab on Monday! I showed her around the 2 labs I primarily worked in, and we chatted with my PI, PHD student as well as other people in the lab. Reflecting on my experience, I would highly recommend my lab to future EXPers. The people here are always willing to help, and Professor Park even includes us the interns in group activities. It's like a big family: we work hard, and at the same time have a lot of fun.

On Monday night, we had a group dinner at an Indian restaurant nearby to celebrate's Camille's new job in London and to say farewell to her. I'm grateful for her guidance over the past few weeks and I'm glad that I get opportunities to bond with the rest of the Park group.

The last week of my summer EXP, our experiments were mostly on Tuesday and Wednesday. Naimun and I were asked to repeat the dilution experiments on 2 more batches of samples (same experiment as the one in week 2). So we acquired the solutions through the pump, and the two of us headed to the third floor to carry out dilution for the two batches of samples as directed by the lab manual. The rest of the week, we also used the ICP for a few more times.

So that's about everything I did during my last week at the Park Group. I said goodbye to my lab on  Friday and took a midnight flight back home. It was really, really nice working here this summer, and I would like to thank both Peddie and Professor Park for the opportunity. I will have a chance to present my research at Peddie next fall using powerpoint and poster, so see you then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment