Our 21 students are working in labs from NC (Duke) to MA (Harvard and MIT), and on topics from computer languages to tissue formation. Join us here to read weekly updates from their time in the lab!

Visit the EXP page on Peddie website: peddie.org/EXP.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Adam Levine and Kelly Clarkson come to celebrate my last week at CHOP!! (kinda)

Overall my time at the Falk lab at CHOP this summer was really enjoyable. Though my stay was longer than expected, I got exposure to a number of techniques and had the opportunity to give a presentation to the entire genetics department at CHOP. It was definitely nerve racking at first, once got into my presentation it was very easy for me to talk about my project. Because I was going to present to  all the other PI's and lab members in the department I gave a few practice presentations to Dr. Falk. After spending a lot of effort of my powerpoint and doing a couple run throughs, I built my confidence. Rebecca and Fred, undergrads in my lab, also gave presentations on their projects. I really enjoyed my time at CHOP and also the commute through Philly since I feel much more comfortable with the city than before. Walking through CHOP everyday was also a humbling and eye-opening experience because I got to frequently see ill children and it reminded me of the difference CHOP makes in so many family's lives. On one of my last days at CHOP, Maroon 5's Adam Levine and Kelly Clarkson came to visit and I got to see them give an interview in the Ryan Seacrest Media Center. I managed to snap a picture too!!


No comments:

Post a Comment